Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Glass Artist, Tammy Morris

I make my home in Wynne, Arkansas with my two daughters and husband. I graduated from Harding University with a degree in Elementary Education. I successfully taught elementary school for 15 years. Although I loved the challenges, my priorities lied with my family, and I chose to be a full time mother. After a few years, I realized I needed a challenging hobby that did NOT involve markers and crayons. Being an art enthusiast, I decided to try designing glass art. It has since turned in to a full time obsession. As such, my business "Elizabeth Paige Designs" was created from a dedication to my daughters by using their middle names.

Glass art is an intriguing and fascinating adventure. My artwork is created by arranging cold glass using a variety of techniques and heating them up to 1800 degrees F. in an electric kiln to achieve the desired appearance and form. Opening the kiln after each piece is fired and seeing it for the first time is very rewarding.
I love creating one-of-a-kind pieces with endless possibilities of fascination and challenge. I am thrilled to be involved with "Second Saturday Studio" to share my passion with you!










No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails